Bender, D. / Published 2020 / Presentation
|Video||Click here to view the full video of this presentation.|
|Click here for a pdf copy of the presentation slides.|
|Presenter||David Bender, Ph.D.|
|Date||October 3, 2020|
|Abstract||This session is a panel discussion of memorable moments in psychotherapy,illustrating a variety of therapeutic interventions and their clinical effectiveness. Foundational concepts for this discussion section will be drawn from the work of Peter G.Ossorio,Ph.D.,his students and others. This collection of work has been designated Descriptive Psychology. Participants will recognize the power of these concepts in making quick and significant therapeutic change in the lives of psychotherapy clients. Participants will be encouraged to contribute their own “moments” as well.|
1. Garfinkle, H. (1956)., Conditions of Successful Degradation Ceremonies. American Journal of Sociology, 61,(5), Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press.|
2. Bergner, R.M. (1998). A therapeutic approach to destructive self-criticism. In H.J. Jeffrey and R.M. Bergner, (Eds.), Advances in Descriptive Psychology, Vol. 7 (pp. 249-273). Ann Arbor, MI: Descriptive Psychology Press.
3. Bergner, R., & Holmes, J. (2000). Self-concepts and self-concept change: A status dynamic formulation. Psychotherapy Theory, Research, Practice, Training, 37, 36-44.
4. Bergner, R. (2007). Therapeutic storytelling revisited. American Journal of Psychotherapy, 61, 149-162.
5. Bergner, R. (2013). Therapeutic policies: A policy-based approach to psychotherapy. In R. Bergner, K.Davis, F. Lubuguin, & W. Schwartz (Eds.), Advances in Descriptive Psychology (Vol. 10) . Ann Arbor, MI: Descriptive Psychology Press.
6. Bergner, R. (2015). Status dynamic psychotherapy. In E. Neukrig (Ed.) The Sage encyclopedia of counseling and psychotherapy (Vol. 2, 953-955). Los Angeles, CA: Sage Publications.
7. Ossorio, P. G. (1976). Clinical Topics: A Seminar in Descriptive Psychology. Peter G. Ossorio Collection. 4. https://scholar.colorado.edu/ossorio/4.
8. Ossorio, P.G. (2013). Seminar on Clinical Topics. Collected Works of Peter G. Ossorio (Vol. VII). Ann Arbor, MI: Descriptive Psychology Press. (Originally published as LRI Report No. 11. Boulder, CO: Linguistic Research Institute).
9. Ossorio, P.G. (2013). The behavior of persons. Ann Arbor, MI: Descriptive Psychology Press.
10. Solomon, M., & Siegel, D. (2013). Healing moments in psychotherapy. New York: Norton.
11. Stern, D. (2010). The present moment in psychotherapy and everyday life. New York: Norton.